Calm is fairly a new entrant but have gained popularity due to PR, targeted marketing on social media. The app covers a broad area like anxiety, stress, mindfulness, seep sleep etc. as also it provides meditation practices at workplaces, while traveling and at colleges. Calm adds a 10 min session everyday to help users unwind apart from covering guided, timed ad open ended sessions of meditation. The app comes with some limited free version as also it offers subscription and paid content.
● It covers a lot of areas like anxiety, meditation, relationship and more
● Provides guidance from renowned teachers
● Has a good collection of nature sounds
● Both timed and open ended sessions
● Most of the features comes at a premium
● High monthly subscription at 14.99$ / month
● Most of the collections are under subscription
● Most of the sounds are artificial and annoying as complained by some users
Calm is an well advertised app which covers a lot many areas but the steep monthly subscription cannot be justified as other apps with similar features (maybe with a smaller library) comes free or at a nominal cost. Our advice for beginners is to first try out some of the free popular apps and then commit to such high monthly charges, if at all necessary.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.